I am a self confessed Grandma who loves a night in so when you can make it festive then why not. Usually, any night in for me will include a good skin care routine, I love that squeaky clean feeling and you can read all about that in Blogmas day 14
Usually then, I will go to the kitchen and make a hot chocolate and grab a snack which of course had to be a mince pie for this time of year. Drinks and snacks go, and it’s time for films and TV; which Netflix have been great for recently; I’ve already watched Elf and The Grinch countless times. Sometimes, if I want to give myself an extra pamper, I’ll also do my nails too, currently they are painted with the CND Shellac in ‘Tinted Love’
The once I am ready for bed, the fairy lights get turned off and the pillow pray comes out. Pillow sprays are one of those things I never knew I needed but as soon as I tried them, I was hooked; now I struggle to sleep without one. My favourite 2 at the moment are from Feather and Down and Marks and Spencer.
What makes your perfect night in?
I’m quite boring when it comes to my nails, I usually stick to one colour and if I’m going all out, I might add a bit of glitter to one of my fingers. That being said, I love looking at other people’s nail designs so I’ve found a few of my favourites to show you
I love being able to help the environment in any way I can so when Paperless Post* got in touch with me about alternatives to physical Christmas Cards, I was very intrigued. Paperless post is an amazing website that allows you to browse hundreds of themes and designs for not only cards but invites, flyers and posters for any time of year and occasion.
I was completely blown away by the choice of cards and actually struggled to pick one to design but I love a pun card so when I saw the ‘Peas on Earth’ design, I knew that had to be my first one. Once you have have chosen the design, you can begin customising it to suite your very taste.
You’re able to change the backdrop that your card will appear against and there were so many brilliant patterns and colours. I wanted to keep mine as simple as possible to make the card stand out but you can get really creative with it. No detail is too small for Paperless post; you’re even able to customise the lining on the inside of the envelope and the stamp/postage marks!
Once you are happy with the design, you’re able to chose who to send the card too; I surprised my mum with the first one and she absolutely loved it. I’m so excited to send the rest of my family and friends their own specially designed cards and the best bit about it; it’s perfect for those of us that are looking out for the environment as there is no worry of them being thrown in the bin in the New Year!
– Hannah X
*Dislaimer – This post contains gifted content.
I love tag posts so of course I had to throw one in to blogmas so here goes:
1. What is your favourite Christmas movie? There are too many to pick just 1 so I’m going with my top 3 which are; The Holiday, The Grinch and Elf
2. Do you like to stay in Pyjamas or Dress up for Christmas day? I love dressing up for Christmas and always used to get a new outfit every year (did anyone else do this) As I get older though, I’m happy to stay in a cosy jumper and jeans
3. If you could only buy one person a present this year who would it be and why? My mum because she deserves it
4. Do you open your present Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Always Christmas morning, I know some people have Christmas Eve presents or even boxes but we’ve always saved it for the morning
5. Have you ever built a ginger bread house? No but I’m making it my mission this year, gingerbread is one of my favourite sweet treats
6. What are you most looking forward to this christmas season? Being with all my loved ones Any Christmas wishes? Just for a happy day (is that cliche?)
7. Favourite Christmas smell? Either mulled wine or any kind of food really
8. Favourite Christmas meal or treat? Controversial but I don’t like Christmas pudding so my mum will by me and my sister something different and mine is usually something chocolaty so I always look forward to that
9. How do you traditionally spend your Christmas day? With my mum’s side of the family in the morning and then with my dad’s for dinner in the afternoon
10. Do you open stockings first or presents? Stockings of course
11. When do you put up your tree? Usually right at the start of December
12. Least favourite part of Christmas? This year is going to be hard because it’s the first without my grandad who was my best friend. That’s going to be my least favourite thing
13. Any unusual traditions during your Christmas? I don’t think it’s unusual but we always get new pyjamas for Christmas Eve
14. Favourite childhood Christmas memory? Probably the new pyjamas or the year I got my first ever phone, I think I cried where I was so happy haha!
For those that celebrate, Christmas means different things to different people. I’d thought I’d explore a little more into what it means to me.
I come from a very close family which I am so grateful for because it means that holidays like Christmas are extra special. The most important to me isn’t about presents of gifts but being around the people that mean the most to me; that being said, I absolutely looooove spoiling my family and loved ones with gifts, they all deserve the world.
The whole days is spent surrounded by my favourite people and there is always so much love (and food) around and it’s such a magical time. I think that is why Christmas is my favourite time of the year.
I can’t believe that it is finally time for Blogmas; my favourite time of the blogging year. I absolutely loved doing it last year and didn’t even second think doing it again for 2019. Here’s a little bit of what to expect this time around:
I can’t wait and I hope you can’t too. New posts coming week days at 7pm and weekends at 5pm!